In a previous post about the exam 70-535 (Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions), I talked about the seven pillar main topics that you have to cover before entering this exam. Today I will speak about the third topic. This topic should cover 5%-10%:
- Design an application storage and data access strategy :
- •Design for Azure Storage solutions•Determine when to use Azure Blob Storage, blob tiers, Azure Files, disks, and StorSimple•Design for Azure Data Services•Design for relational database storage•Design for NoSQL storage•Design for CosmosDB storage
- •Determine when to use MongoDB API, DocumentDB API, Graph API, Azure Tables API; design for cost, performance, data consistency, availability, and business continuity
- •Determine when to use Azure Redis Cache, Azure Table Storage, Azure Data Lake, Azure Search, Time Series Insights
- •Determine when to use Azure SQL Database and SQL Server Stretch Database; design for scalability and features; determine when to use Azure Database for MySQL and Azure Database for PostgreSQL; design for HA/DR, geo-replication; design a backup and recovery strategy
- •Determine when to use Data Catalog, Azure Data Factory, SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Data Lake Analytics, Azure Analysis Services, and Azure HDInsight.
- Important Tip: Know the various storage types and their uses. For example, many times you can use Queues to decouple components of a system.
Check this link to know when to use what: https://aka.ms/azure/storage